Hong Kong, 5 March 2020 – The JNA Awards, one of the most prestigious and renowned awards programmes in the global jewellery and gemstone trade, is now accepting entries for its ninth edition. Interested companies and individuals may submit their entries until 29 April 2020.
Organised by Informa Markets, the JNA Awards has recognised, honoured and celebrated best business practices, excellence and innovation demonstrated by individuals and companies in the international jewellery and gemstone industry, since its inception in 2012.
To expand its influence and sustain momentum, the JNA Awards 2020 has updated its awards categories. This year’s eight categories pave the way for a consolidated structure that better responds to the current landscape of the markets and industry. The competition also covers a far wider range of geographic locations.
Qualified enterprises and individuals may self-nominate or nominate others in the following categories:
- Industry Innovation of the Year (digital platform, gemmological research, management process, manufacturing process, marketing or branding initiative, online business, product development, strategy and business model, technology)
- Manufacturer of the Year
- Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – APAC
- Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – EMEA
- Retailer of the Year
- Sustainability Initiative of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year (age 40 and below)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (nominated by the organiser)
Entries for this year will be evaluated by an esteemed panel of judges comprised of five international industry experts, namely:
- Albert Cheng, Advisor to the World Gold Council and former Managing Director, Far East (WGC)
- James Courage, former Chief Executive Officer of Platinum Guild International (PGI) and former Chairman of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC)
- Lin Qiang, President and Managing Director of the Shanghai Diamond Exchange (SDE)
- Mark Lee, Research Director of Asia Pacific Institute for Strategy
- Nirupa Bhatt, Managing Director of the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) in India and the Middle East
Commenting on JNA Awards 2020, Albert Cheng remarked, “The jewellery industry is facing a huge challenge this year, mainly due to the COVID-19 outbreak. In this emotionally taxing period, I urge owners and senior managers within our industry to consider participating at the JNA Awards 2020. Not only will this help sharpen and fine-tune your business processes, but, perhaps, also gain you the most prestigious award in our industry.”
James Courage added, “Having been a judge for many years, I have seen how the JNA Awards has been viewed as a recognition of outstanding companies and individuals in the global jewellery industry. Take this opportunity to enter these unique business awards to show your commitment and confirm your place as an outstanding company by becoming an Honouree or a Recipient.”.
Letitia Chow, Chairperson of the JNA Awards and Director of Business Development – Jewellery Group at Informa Markets, shared, “With innovation at its core, the JNA Awards continues to serve as a platform for the international jewellery and gemstone industry to share best business practices and promote excellence in the trade. We have refined the categories to examine and recognise creative solutions in different segments of the business. We have also introduced a new category –Outstanding Enterprise EMEA – which honours companies specifically outside of Asia for their achievements and contribution in the industry. With these changes, we hope to bring forth more positive messages and inspiration to the trade.”
JNA Awards 2020 is supported by Headline Partners Chow Tai Fook, Shanghai Diamond Exchange, and DANAT, together with Honoured Partners KGK Group, China Gems and Jade Exchange and Guangdong Land (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
Kent Wong, Managing Director of Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group, expressed, “Being an industry pioneer, Chow Tai Fook takes pride in supporting the JNA Awards as a Headline Partner, since its inauguration in 2012. Through collaborating with fellow partners and peers with shared missions, we firmly believe that we are able to move toward a more sustainable development for the industry.”
Lin Qiang, President and Managing Director of SDE, shared, “Spring has come, and it’s time for the annual JNA Awards to continue on its journey towards new glory. The stage has been set and the curtain, raised. Those who have made progress are encouraged to come up to share their experiences and continue to bring vitality and hope to our industry.”
Noora Jamsheer, CEO of DANAT, noted, “Innovation and progress are driven by the collaboration of creative minds that help individual companies and industries to meet new levels of excellence. DANAT shares with the JNA Awards the same passion for innovation and imaginative thinking, as well as understanding the importance of recognising, promoting and celebrating contributions that have enhanced the gem and jewellery industry. We invite our peers in the jewellery and gemstone industry to share this vision by entering the JNA Awards 2020.”
To enter the JNA Awards, applicants must complete and submit their entry forms no later than midnight (Hong Kong time) of 29 April 2020. Honourees or shortlisted entrants will be announced in June 2020 during the Jewellery & Gem ASIA Hong Kong.
Interested enterprises and individuals may self-nominate or nominate others in the following categories:
- 1. Brand of the Year – Retail
- 2. eSupplier of the Year
- 3. Industry Innovation of the Year (business model, management process, marketing or branding initiatives, manufacturing process, product development, technology, gemmological research)
- 4. Manufacturer of the Year – Cutting & Polishing – Creativity and Innovation
- 5. Manufacturer of the Year – Jewellery
- 6. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – China
- 7. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – Countries/Regions outside of India and China
- 8. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – India
- 9. Retailer of the Year
- 10.Sustainability Initiative of the Year
- 11. Young Entrepreneur of the Year (age 40 and below)
- 12. Lifetime Achievement Award (nominated by the organiser)
Entries will be evaluated by an esteemed panel of judges comprised of six international industry experts, namely:
- • Albert Cheng, Advisor to the World Gold Council and former Managing Director, Far East (WGC)
- • James Courage, former Chief Executive Officer of Platinum Guild International (PGI) and former Chairman of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC)
- • Lin Qiang, President and Managing Director of the Shanghai Diamond Exchange (SDE)
- • Mark Lee, Research Director of Asia Pacific Institute for Strategy
- • Nirupa Bhatt, Managing Director of the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) in India and the Middle East
- • Yasukazu Suwa, Chairman of Suwa & Son, Inc
Albert Cheng shared,“Having been part of the judging panel for the past seven years, I have seen the discovery of many ‘glittering gems’ in our industry. By participating in the JNA Awards, your company, like ‘unpolished gemstones’ will be subjected to selection, cutting and polishing. If you are nominated and eventually win an award in your category, it would be like a hidden, beautiful rough stone transforming into glittering precious gemstones or diamonds. Are you ready to show us your ‘hidden gem’? We are waiting for you.”
“Take the opportunity to illustrate why you or your company deserve to lead in a JNA Awards category. Be part of an exclusive list of outstanding jewellery companies that have won or become Honourees in the JNA Awards – the only one that exclusively covers the jewellery industry,” James Courage added.
Letitia Chow, Chairperson of the JNA Awards, and Director of Business Development – Jewellery Group at UBM Asia, said, “In the past seven years, the JNA Awards has established itself as an influential platform for the international jewellery and gemstone industry to come together and share success cases for the advancement of the trade. We hope to continue to attract more innovators and pioneers to take part in this prestigious and inspiring awards event to showcase positive developments in the industry.”
JNA Awards 2019 is supported by Headline Partners Chow Tai Fook, the Shanghai Diamond Exchange, and DANAT, together with Honoured Partners KGK Group, China Gems and Jade Exchange, and Guangdong Land Holdings Limited.
Kent Wong, Managing Director of Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group, said, “Chow Tai Fook is honoured to have been the Headline Partner of the JNA Awards since it was first staged in 2012. We have seen how the JNA Awards serves as a prestigious platform for bringing industry elites together and driving the industry towards excellence. We sincerely hope that more players in the sector will support our cause and be our partners in advancing the jewellery industry.”
Lin Qiang, President and Managing Director of SDE, shared, “The honour hall of the JNA Awards opens grandly again in 2019. Excellent enterprises fear neither competition nor challenge. They care more about showing the best of themselves. I look forward to the delightful surprises and brilliant performances they will bring us through this amazing opportunity.”
Kenneth Scarrat, CEO of Danat added, “Competition, from wherever it comes, drives the future. This is as true for the gemstone and jewellery sectors as it is for life itself. Those that ‘step up to the plate’ are the drivers of the future. Regardless of your sector, level of creativity or innovation, it is time to come forward and participate through the JNA Awards programme and show the world what it means to be an industry leader.
Edward Johnson, Director of Business Development of Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) also shared, “RJC is proud to work in collaboration with UBM Asia to promote the JNA Awards, and we encourage eligible jewellery businesses to participate. By doing so, companies can demonstrate their committment to best business practices, which is an effective step in improving the reputation of their business, and that of the gem and jewellery industry.”
To enter the JNA Awards, interested parties must complete and submit their entry forms no later than midnight (Hong Kong time) of 26 April 2019. Honourees or shortlisted entrants will be announced on 20 June 2019 at the June Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair.