JNA Awards 2015 honours industry’s brightest
HONG KONG, 21 September, 2015 – JNA Awards, one of the world’s most prestigious awards in the gemstone and jewellery sector, tonight celebrated and honoured enterprises and individuals whose ambitions have helped elevate the industry and inspired others to do the same.
Leading off the brilliant assembly of awardees was Ou Yang Chiu Mei, recipient of JNA’s highest honour – the Lifetime Achievement Award. This tribute is presented to individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the gemstone and jewellery industry.
Organised by JNA (Jewellery News Asia), the awards gala dinner was the centrepiece of a year-long effort to recognise individuals and companies that have distinguished themselves in the jewellery industry. The event was attended by more than 500 industry stakeholders at the Regal Airport Hotel in Hong Kong, and was held on the sidelines of the world’s No. 1 fine jewellery B2B show, the September Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair.
Lifetime Achievement Award
Ou Yang is an internationally acclaimed gemmologist and mineralogist whose tireless research, scientific discoveries and knowledge application have significantly contributed to the growth and development of the jadeite trade.
Her long list of accomplishments features many “firsts,” including identifying a new mineral in the Burmese jadeite group; defining the official terminology for jade; identifying the presence of enhancement and treatment of jade in Hong Kong and producing a set of criteria for identifying and grading different jade types. Her passionate pursuit of knowledge has earned her the title “Jade Lady” among industry insiders.
Award recipients: 15 categories
The 18 award recipients across 15 categories were:
- 1. 3 Decades of Excellence:Hong Kong Jewellery & Jade Manufacturers Association
- 2. Brand of the Year – Retail: Chii Lih Coral Co Ltd
- 3. Employer of the Year: Phu Nhuan JewelryJoint Stock Co
- 4. Industry Innovation of the Year:
- China Stone Co Ltd
- Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Ltd
- Shenzhen United BlueOcean Technology Development Co Ltd
- Shree Ramkrishna Exports Pvt Ltd
- 5. Manufacturer of the Year – Gemstone Cutting & Polishing:RMC Gems India Ltd
- 6. Manufacturer of the Year – Diamond Cutting & Polishing: Hari Krishna Exports Pvt Ltd
7. Manufacturer of the Year – Gem-Set Jewellery:Lorenzo Jewelry Ltd
- 8. Manufacturer of the Year – Precious Metals-Only Jewellery:Shenzhen Ganlu Jewelry Co Ltd
- 9. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – ASEAN Countries:PANDORA Production Co Ltd
- 10. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – India:J. B. And Brothers Pvt Ltd
- 11. Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – Mainland China:Shenzhen Batar Investment Holding Group Co Ltd
- 12. Retailer of the Year (450 outlets and below): Golden dew Co Ltd
- 13. E-tailer of the Year:KELA
- 14. Sustainability Initiative of the Year:Shenzhen Xingguangda Jewelry Industrial Co Ltd
- 15. Young Entrepreneur of the Year (Age 40 or below):Sit Kwan – Shenzhen Bofook Jewellery Co Ltd
Letitia Chow, founder of JNA, director of Business Development – Jewellery Group at UBM Asia and chair of the JNA Awards judging panel, lauded the recipients and honourees for demonstrating qualities that define excellence in business.
“As you can imagine, going through the rigorous judging process and be named as one of our honourees is an outstanding achievement in itself,” Chow said. “Each year, the honourees demonstrate how we can do business in a smarter, more creative and efficient way. They refuse to be complacent by displaying great resilience and forward thinking, and embracing challenges with an open mind.”
She continued, “With the JNA Awards, we help create a new culture of encouragement, recognition and celebration rather than competition. Collectively, we can reach higher grounds, and we want the world to understand us – the jewellery industry – better.”
Jean-Marc Lieberherr, managing director of Rio Tinto Diamonds, said the year 2015 represents an important milestone for both Rio Tinto Diamonds and the JNA Awards.
“For Rio Tinto, it’s the fifth year since we entered the Chinese market. For the JNA Awards, it’s four years since inception, which Rio Tinto is very proud to have been part of,” Lieberherr said. “Rio Tinto’s efforts here over the past five years have been about more than just diamonds. It has been about innovative partnerships and striving to be the best we can be together.”
He added, “With this in mind, I would like to pay tribute to our partners in the JNA Awards, who have worked so hard to create the conditions for greater industry collaboration, and to our strategic partner, Chow Tai Fook, who work hard at creating new markets for diamond jewellery with us.”
Kent Wong, managing director of Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Ltd, added, “Being a Headline Partner of the JNA Awards for four consecutive years since its inauguration in 2012 demonstrates Chow Tai Fook’s strong support to this prestigious industry event, which recognises innovation and excellence. We have witnessed the success of the JNA Awards year after year with its increasing number of participants and supporters, and growing recognition within the industry.”
Wong continued, “The JNA Awards is a platform for all of us who share the same values and missions to raise industry standards and uphold best practices for the betterment of the jewellery sector. Let’s applaud the Award’s fourth triumphant year, and congratulate the award Recipients and Honourees on their outstanding performances and achievements.”
The fourth annual JNA Awards was supported by Headline Partners Rio Tinto Diamonds and Chow Tai Fook, together with Honoured Partners Diarough Group, Gübelin Group, Israel Diamond Institute Group of Companies, Shanghai Diamond Exchange and Guangdong Land Holdings Ltd.
For more information on the event, please visit www.JNAawards.com or contact:
JNA Awards Marketing
UBM Asia (Hong Kong)